Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reading History

I used to read a lot when I was younger, like in elementary and middle school, but now I am pretty busy and only read when I have to. I have read lots of little books in elementary school, such as the Series of Unfortunate Events, and some choose your own adventure books. I also read The Chronicles of Narnia. They were very good books. I also read Eragon and Eldest. They were pretty good, but Eldest was a little boring in the middle. In school I have read Touching Spirit Bear, All Quiet on the Western Front, Petey, The Outsiders, Old Man and the Sea, Fahrenheit 451, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Crucible, The Scarlet Letter, and Ender's Game. I stopped reading, because I was busy and had other things to do, such as homework and soccer practice.

My favorite novel was Ender's Game, because it was intriguing, and had a twist ending that I really wasn't expecting. It gave a strange picture of what space life could be like, which was also interesting. The worst book that I have read was Old Man and the Sea. It was a very boring book, and wasn't too in depth with its plot. The old man went fishing and caught this huge marlin, and it took him out to sea. Also the guy told about his earlier life when he arm wrestled for a day or so, straight, but finally they ended it. I usually read in my room or in our basement. If I read in my room, I lay on my bed and read the book sideways, but if I am reading downstairs, I sit in the Lazy-boy recliner, and read. I usually read right before I go to bed at about 9:00 to 10:00 or later. I mostly read, because it is an assignment for school, but sometimes I read for fun and to entertain myself.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, where is your profile? By the way, is your book any good? Will hannelore like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannelore would like it, and he could read it himsel or he could read my rather detailed summary of each section, though I would advise reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an idea, what if I do both. On second thought, that is a lot of reading.

    ReplyDelete